Take a walk in Wroclaw - Wrocław, hotels, restaurants, monuments, history, tourism, guide
Maria Mill

Maria Mill According to the chroniclers raised in 1333 on the mills island (then it was God's Body) the mill of God's Body was situated opposite the Maria mill already existing on the Sand Island so that they touched each other — this is the first mention about the Maria mill existing in chronicles. Both mills were made of wood and equipped in three water wheels. They were rebuilt in turn in the years 1844 - 1846, and then 1871, 1883 and several times after the world war II. The mill wheels were disassembled in the 60's of the XX century. After so many reconstructions the Maria mill, being really two mills joint together, looks inconspicuously and it surely would need a repair, however it is proper to mark that it's roots reach the Middle Ages.



Separator
English Polski